Sunday, March 9, 2008

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

At first I was intrigued by this game's premise, so I decided to pick up a copy. What a surprise this game turned out to be! With loads of puzzle content and extras, the mystery-like storyline, and fun characters, I recommend this title to anyone who enjoys a true intellectual experience with their games.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village boasts fully animated cut scenes, voice acting, and hand-drawn scenery; it's truly a piece of art. The storyline retains your interest throughout the game, and I even found myself guessing along with it. The gameplay overall is limited, but one needs to remember that this is a brainteaser collection put in the contents of an elegant game.

If you take the time to solve all the puzzles you come across, you can expect roughly 20 hours of gameplay. Even when you think you've solved all the puzzles, you can still get new puzzles every week if you have a Wi-Fi connection. For a unique title, I recommend trying this game out.

My Ratings:
Sound 4/5
Graphics 5/5
Storyline 5/5
Replay Value 3/5
Overall 4/5

No comments: